Asbestos Roof Replacement: The Sooner the Better
We had to reclad our Hanger at Jandakot last year and the contractors who did the work were The Roof & Wall Doctor, principal Kevin Croon. They have a class 3 demolition licence and are very proficient at completing Work Safe plans and ensuring that they comply with all health and safety regulations. They work quickly and effectively and within budget. I have now used them for a second time to re-roof our second Hanger at Jandakot.
On 1st July 2001, WorkSafe Western Australia designated asbestos as a hazardous substance. This meant asbestos can only be removed by companies licensed by Worksafe to carry out the work, and the removal carried out by tradesmen who have attended and passed specific training courses. The Occupational Safety & Health Amended Regulations 2001, specifies a Class III Licence is required to remove asbestos roofs.
The Roof & Wall Doctor Pty Ltd is the holder of a WorkSafe Class III Demolition License, No:- WAD0037. As the holder of this licence The Roof & Wall Doctor is required to construct a detailed Safe Work Plan for each job, and submit a “Notification of Demolition Work” to WorkSafe.
Many older buildings in Western Australia have corrugated asbestos roofs. This asbestos cladding is now showing signs of age, allowing the hard outer skin of the sheet to break down. This is turn causes dangerous asbestos fibres to protrude visibly from the surface.
All asbestos sheeting is removed according to the law as laid down by WorkSafe. Using special protective clothing and methods, sheeting is sealed and disposed of safely, at an approved tip site, all under WorkSafe specifications.
Once the asbestos is removed and the purlins are vacuumed, new long run sheets of Corrugated Zincalume or Colorbond are fitted to the existing timber frame.
We are the experts, and there are a lot of good reasons to call us first.
- Free quotes throughout the Perth metro area and regional Western Australia.
- We are fully licensed (WorkSafe Class III Demolition License No: WAD0037) to carry out asbestos roof replacement.
- You will not meet with a salesperson for your asbestos roof replacement quote – you will meet with the owner of the company – his years of training and experience in the field mean your safety comes first.
- We are safe, efficient and qualified. We have over 30 years of experience, and an impressive satisfaction rate across over 4000 jobs.
Be it commercial, residential or industrial, we can handle it. Recent asbestos roof replacement jobs include countless homes and apartments, as well as:
- Royal Flying Doctors Service, Jandakot
- Air Services buildings at Perth International Airport
- Mundijong Community Hall
- Carnamah Town Hall
- Senior high schools in Merriden, Mukubuddin, York, Forrestdale and more
- Businesses, warehouses and production centres all over Perth
- Sandrinos Restaurant
- Willagee Anglican Church
- Samson Pavilion & 2-Storey Grand Stand, Gosnells City Soccer Club, Kenwick & Districts Recreation Centre and many other sporting venues.
- Fremantle Arts Centre
Asbestos Roof Replacement
To get unmatched experience, free quotes and impeccable results, just call (08) 9430 6553 or contact us online.